Thursday, January 13, 2011

Updated Region 1 Map and Minor Updates

Click to Enlarge

The above is the current iteration of Nightwick Abbey's surroundings.  I abandoned my earlier model for settlements and replaced it with a random one loosely based off of the Hex Based Campaign design system from the Welsh Piper.  Instead of doing it on a big hex by big hex basis, I came up with figures that represented the whole area mapped and then rolled some dice.  The distribution is based on where I felt like things should go, which is my typical manner.

I still have a few more areas to add, including a settlement of town or city size.  The settlement in 1011 (Lichegate) might get upgraded to a full blown city, but I'm not sure yet.  If it remains a town, this one region -- 1/4 of the total area of the Dark Country - will contain 3 of the Seven Cities.  I find that spread a bit odd so I may have to play around with it a bit.

The last session of Nightwick Abbey was canceled due to heavy snow making it a full month since the group last met.  Hopefully the wait will be worth it but we'll see.  I have a bit of stocking/restocking to do in the dungeons.  Once I've caught up enough to not have to worry about how the next week is going to go I'll start on the OPD version and post it here.

Sorry I've been neglecting the blog.  The lethargic state I entered into during winter break has only recently shuffled off.  My output should increase in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment