Friday, October 8, 2010

The Dwimmerwraith

Dwimmerwraith
AC : 3 [16]
HD: 4
Attacks: Touch (1d6 + Curse)
Saving Throw: 13
Special: Death Curse, Incorporeal
Move: 9
HDE/XP: 6/400

Dwimmerwraiths are a horrible form of undead almost indistinguishable from normal Wraiths.  They are incorporeal, and as such they are only injured by magical and silver weapons.  Whenever a character is struck by a Dwimmeraith they must save against Death or become the victim of the Dwimmerwraith’s foul curse.  Any character so cursed may not regain Hit Points in any manner until a Remove Curse spell is cast upon him or her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of those undead variants I mentioned in my earlier post.  I do not claim that it is terribly original, but I will note it is not the only way I handle level drain in my campaign.  The name Dwimmerwraith was an attempt to avoid copyright violation.  Tolkien fans will likely know what the creature's actual name is in my notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment