Monday, September 27, 2010

The First, or rather Second, Descent

I hope to be starting a voice chat game with a few of my old gaming buddies pretty soon.  In all likelihood this will involve them plumbing the rather dangerous depths of Nightwick Abbey and exploring its environs.  This means that I'll have to start codifying some of the PC related material, and certain system related minutiae.  Expect to see future posts which not only detail the setting a bit more, but which describe how races, classes, and other such things function in my system and in the setting.

I'm going to let my players decide if I should use Labyrinth Lord or Swords & Wizardry.  I imagine they'll pick the later because of it's modernisms.  If so, I'm going to start with the White Box version and build on that as much as possible.

For those of you who were excited about this blog because of my promised attempt to find a new group for an old system, fear not.  My wife, who is an avid tabletop player as well, has encouraged me to seek out a face to face group as well.  Once I have the face to face one, sadly time constraints will most likely mean that the chat game must end.  Such is the way of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment